If you wonder what are the benefits of aerobics exercise, you have come to the right place. A good definition for aerobic exercise – workouts that are performed to provide cardiovascular conditioning. These are the type of exercises that get your heart pumping.
Your blood pumps quickly throughout the body and your lungs expand to take in more oxygen during aerobic exercises. In fact, the way you breathe during the exercises will determine the amount of oxygen that gets into the muscles.
Oxygen gives you the strength to exercise and helps your muscles move. Your body uses stored carbs, proteins, and fats with oxygen to provide the necessary energy for aerobic exercises.
This article provides information on what are aerobic exercises and how to perform some of these exercises.
Benefits From Aerobic Exercise
Aerobic exercises are good for you, no matter your age, weight, or level of physical activity. Your body will get stronger and fitter as it adapts to regular aerobic exercises.
Here are some of the most important health benefits of aerobic training:
- Increase your stamina and fitness – Even though you may feel tired when you first start exercising, regular workouts will reduce fatigue and increase stamina over time. Aerobic workout classes also help gain increased heart and lung capacity while building muscle strength in the long run.
- Cardio workouts for weight loss – Will help you lose weight effectively and keep the unwanted pounds off when combined with a healthy and balanced diet. If you want to lose weight gradually and keep it off with minimal impact on your joints, there is no better workout than aerobic exercises.
- Reduce health risks – These workouts will reduce your risk for many conditions, including obesity, type-2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, metabolic syndrome, and certain types of cancer. If you choose walking as an aerobic workout, it will help lower your risk of osteoporosis.
- Reduce the risk of viral illnesses – Cardio workouts routine will activate your immune response and make you less susceptible to viral infections. You may steer clear of common colds and the flu with regular cardio workouts.
- Keep your arteries clear – Cardio workouts help boost your HDL or good cholesterol levels (high-density lipoprotein). It also lowers your risk of LDL or bad cholesterol levels (low-density lipoprotein). The result is less buildup of plaque in your arteries.
- Stay independent and active as you age – Cardio exercises will help you stay active and independent while you age. It does this by keeping your muscles and bones strong. Regular cardio workouts will also reduce your risk of injuries from falls and improve your quality of life.
- Manage chronic conditions – Cardio workouts help lower blood pressure and control blood sugar levels. It improves the quality of life in people who have had cancer. On the other hand, if you have coronary artery disease, cardio workouts help manage your condition more effectively.
- Mood booster – Cardio workouts ease depression and gloominess while promoting relaxation at the same time. It helps improve your self-esteem and mental well-being.
Watch This Aerobic Exercise Video
How Often Should You Do Aerobic Exercise?
As a rule of thumb, you should aim for at least a 30 mins aerobic workout 4-5 days a week. Every session of aerobic exercise workout must include a warm-up and cool-down. The warm-up period helps increase blood flow to your muscles and decreases the risk of a muscle or joint injury.
Reducing sitting time helps prevent metabolic issues. For example, sitting too much during the day can impact your health and longevity. The more hours you sit each day, the higher your risk of metabolic issues.
Types Of Aerobic Exercises – Popular Workouts
Cardio workouts can be performed at home. There are many exercises that you can do with little or no equipment at all. Don’t forget to warm up for at least 2-3 minutes before you start the workout.
What Are 5 Examples Of Aerobic Exercise?
HIIT With Jump Rope
You need a jump rope and a pair of sneakers to perform these exercises. Jumping rope has many benefits including better hand-foot coordination and agility. Performing this exercise at least 15-20 minutes 4-5 times a week helps you derive the maximum benefits of cardio.
Your safety is important when performing jump rope workouts. Adjust the jump rope to suit your height. To adjust the rope, stand with both feet on the middle of the rope, and extend the rope handles to your armpits. This is the best height that you should aim for. If the rope is too long, make sure to cut or tie it in order to avoid tripping on the rope while working out.
- Start the exercise by jogging forward while swinging the rope over your head and under your feet. Aim for 15 seconds for this move.
- Now, reverse your direction and job backward while swinging the jump rope. Do this for another 15 seconds.
- Finish the set with a hopscotch jump for 15 seconds. Keep the jump rope in place and alternate between jumping the feet out to the sides and then back to the center as you jump. Do this for 15 seconds.
- Rest for 15 seconds between the sets and repeat 15 times.
Walking Everyday Benefits
Walking is one of the most effective aerobic exercises. You need only a pair of walking shoes for this exercise. Walking 30 minutes a day can help reduce your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, and depression.
Safety is important while walking. Walk in well-lit and populated areas for at least 30 minutes a day for 4-5 days a week. You can also use a fitness tracker or watch to calculate how many steps you take each day.
How Swimming Helps Your Body
Swimming is another great cardio workout to lose weight and maintain optimal health and well-being. You need a pool, swimsuit, and goggles for this exercise.
Swimming is great for individuals who are recovering from injury or living with mobility issues since it’s a low-impact exercise. Swimming will tone your muscles and build strength and endurance.
Swim for at least 15-20 minutes a day for 3-5 days a week for the best results. If you are new to swimming, you should choose a pool with a lifeguard on duty.
Rest on the side of the pool between laps if you get tired during the process. Follow the safety instructions of the pool while you swim.
Stationary Bike 30 Minute Workout
You need a stationary bike and cycling shoes for this exercise. Indoor cycling helps build your strength and endurance while improving muscle tone in the process.
Perform the workout for at least 30 minutes a day for 4-5 days a week to get the maximum benefits. Lower the resistance level and pedal lightly when you are tired.
Is Zumba A Good Workout?
Zumba is a great cardio workout for people who love to dance. You only need a pair of gym shoes to perform this workout.
The workout is beneficial for improving your heart health and toning the body. It also improves your coordination and relieves stress.
The most important thing is to drink a lot of water during the workout. Dance for at least 30-45 minutes 3-4 times a week for the best results. You may need to learn Zumba steps if you don’t know how to perform the workout.
Have you wondered what are aerobic exercises? If so, this article provides information on aerobic exercises and how to do aerobic exercises.