Table of Contents
- 1 How High Intensity Interval Training Works
- 2 What Happens When You Push it Hard
- 3 Welcome to After Burn
- 4 Athletic Benefits Of HIIT
- 5 Watch High Intensity Interval Training Video
- 6 Top Rated HIIT Exercise Equipment
- 7 Cheap HIIT Exercise Equipment On eBay
- 8 Follow FITNESS on Pinterest
- 9 Make Your Workouts More Enjoyable
- 10 Best Fitness Tracker With Heart Rate Monitor
How High Intensity Interval Training Works
HIIT: high intensity interval training. Sprinting at maximum heartrate for a short period of time and then switching to a slower form of exercise for a couple of minutes to recover before starting the whole cycle again.
This type of training is all the rage because it is known to burn more calories in less time when compared with steady state cardio. And it’s great for our VO2 max, mitochondrial function and more.
But why? How does it work? What makes it so special?
What Happens When You Push it Hard
After this, you then switch to your regular exercise at around 70% of your maximum heart rate. This is a steady pace that you can maintain, that burns fat using the aerobic system and that allows you to recover and reduce the lactate and other metabolites that build up in your blood during intensive exercise.
Welcome to After Burn
Steady state cardio is normally something you can maintain for a long time before you start to tire out and this is why a lot of people will exercise by running at a steady pace for 40-60 minutes.
But this isn’t even the best bit. What’s so good about HIIT is that this after burn effect continues for hours after you finish training. You’re now going about your usual activities with less glycogen, which means you’ll burn more fat even to do regular things like picking up a fork, or walking across the room!
Athletic Benefits Of HIIT
Watch High Intensity Interval Training Video
Top Rated HIIT Exercise Equipment
Cheap HIIT Exercise Equipment On eBay
- Current Price: $13.12
- Ends: Jan 23, 2018 20:06:35 EST
- Current Price: $17.66
- Ends: Jan 21, 2018 18:32:24 EST
- Current Price: $74.17
- Ends: Jan 20, 2018 23:29:23 EST
- Current Price: $89.98
- Ends: Jan 25, 2018 2:12:08 EST
Follow FITNESS on Pinterest
Make Your Workouts More Enjoyable
Best Fitness Tracker With Heart Rate Monitor